FSR are aware of the tremendous help & support that is being shown in the numbers of persons responding to the Family’s request for assistance in the ongoing searches.
Your own personal safety is of the highest importance.
Please adhere to the following updated safety Guidelines when searching:
1. Always stay in a group.
2. Carry a mobile phone.
3. Be careful along the river’s edge & DO NOT enter the Glar/mud. You may become stuck & need rescued.
5. DO NOT cross over any railings riverside under any circumstances.
6. DO NOT cross over onto or walk along Rail Tracks.
7. In the event of finding any items of clothing etc: DO NOT TOUCH or remove. Please contact the PSNI on 101 who will in turn alert Foyle Search & Rescue 02871 313800.
8. Met Office has issued yellow warning for winds at speed 26mph with gusts up to 50 mph. Wind Chill is 1 degree Celsius
9. Persons searching to wear appropriate clothing for the weather conditions.
10. It is recommend that persons searching wear high Vis clothing to enable boat crew to observe them on River Bank.
11. People who are searching are reminded that the River Bank is extremely hazardous after dark.